Monday, June 25, 2007

Is The PM A Catholic?

BBC NEWS | Politics | Blair talks with Pope in Vatican



I wondered why there was all this coverage about Blair possibly converting to Catholicism or something, until my parents informed me that the Prime Minister cannot be a Catholic due to a law made by Henry VII about FOUR HUNDRED YEARS AGO. So nobody has like stood up since then and said "hey, maybe we should let anyone be Prime Minister, regardless of their religious beliefs?" Is this really true?



I mean personally I don't think we should let anyone with an imaginary friend run the country, but that view is still seen as a bit extreme I guess.

Speaking before his private audience with the Pope, he said the issue of his conversion to Catholicism was "unresolved".

If I was the Pope I wouldn't let war criminals in my club either.



Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: