Friday, April 25, 2008

Kevin Maguire: Prick


New Statesman - Prescott's gagging order
The country's most unsuccessful bulimic, 16-stone John "Two Feeds" Prescott...
I'm fucking livid about this really. Whilst I was dissapointed with the overall press coverage following Prescott's admission - every news story accompanied with a photograph of him eating pies etc - I was not surprised. I do though expect a slightly higher level of grace and thought from the New Statesman. Unfortunately they cannot control whatever retarded prejudiced thoughts go on inside the head of this ignorant twat, but they can choose whether to let him write for them or not. Pretty much the only reason I read the New Statesman is so that I don't have to put up with the same old tabloid shit that is these days leaking into even the Independent and the Guardian, but it seems these times are over.

It's not the fact that John Prescott can't take a bit of name calling, it's that things like this encourage people to just take the piss out of someone with Bullimia or other eating disorders.

Here is the letter I wrote:

I have been quite shocked the level of humiliation poured on John Prescott from the general press, though not surprised. I am surprised though to see this embarrasingly immature holier-than-thou attitude leak onto the pages of the New Statesman. Yes, John "Two Jags" Prescott may have been slightly amusing, but "John "Two Feeds" Prescott" is just mean, and while I'm sure the man himself can take such abuse, it is not a good example to set that people with bulimia, anorexia, or any other sufferers of eating disorders should be ridiculed. I expect better from the New Statesman, though not from Kevin Maguire, and I wonder if Prescott was diagnosed with cancer would Maguire choose the nickname "John "Two Tumors" Prescott"?

No comments: