Wednesday, April 02, 2008

OH NOES TERRORISM!!!111

House of Commons Hansard Debates for 01 Apr 2008 (pt 0006)
There are "about 2,000 individuals being monitored by the police and the Security Service in the UK alone. That figure is the highest it has been, and represents a new and sustained level of activity by those who wish to kill and maim and to undermine the values that we all share in this country."
Is she suggesting that there has never at any one time been more than 2,000 people in the UK who are mental enough to want to kill a fellow human being? This is the problem; separating terrorists from the "normal" crazy people who want to kill us. I think the term "mentals" is probably more fitting. There are a lot of "mentals" around the world who wish to cause others harm and strife, I'm not sure what the answer to this is but I am sure it is not locking people up for 42 days without trial. Maybe it's just me, but 2,000 seems a very low number compared to all those other categories of people who I fear just as much if not more than terrorists; robbers, murderers, drug dealers etc. The main threat I face on the street is that of getting beaten up by townies (chavs/scallies/pikeys) due to the way I dress, and there are at least a few million of them roaming free.

No comments: