Monday, February 12, 2007

British Soldiers Caught Snortin Coke

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Army investigates 'drug' footage



This isn't great news, but at least they were off duty, not flying planes and killing friendly soldiers.

I read a story in the Guardian about a week ago, about this drug thats based on amphetamines and is used by American soldiers and pilots to give them a bit of an "energy boost". I guess it's some sort of watered down form of amphetamines, but there are still side effects such as drowsiness, sleepiness, lack of concentration etc. For this reason, the British army - and all other armies run by sane humans - banned use of the drug in 1995. America is the only army to still use it. Those pilots were probably using it when they attacked our tanks by mistake in 2003 and killed Lance Corporal Matthew Hull.



Now I dunno about you, but I wouldn't let people into a plane with that much potential for disaster if they'd had too much caffeine, let alone amphetamines! Unfortunately I can't actually find the story I read, that article just reports "alleged amphetamine use", but the one I read specifically detailed a drug based on that, that's officially supplied to American soldiers. I'm 99% sure of these facts but they're from memory so if anyone knows of the actual article i'm talking about, please let me know!



Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: