Friday, December 05, 2008

Virgin No Correct Information

Ok so this morning I was faced with a typical conundrum: Want to download large file, can I do it without incurring the wrath of Virgin Traffic Management. So I checked their page to remind myself of the time windows and limits. This is the chart I see:

But what's this? "New traffic management profiles? Apparently there is no longer a limit between 10-3? It only starts at 4pm? Well bugger me. A weight is lifted from my shoulders. I set my download manager to unlimited and watch it soar along at 700k/s. It seems almost to good to be true, and it is, as I realise when once I reach 2.4gigs everything goes to shit and falls to 50k/s. Damn. I thought I'd won, but alas.

So it turns out Virgin Media have just fucked up their webpage, and the limits are still in place as usual, but they lied to me, and now I'm stuck with a fucking trickle of an internet for the next five hours that would have been frustrating to use in 1992. I tried to phone customer service but all they could do is apologise (without seeming to understand the problem), no chance of fixing my connection which has been broken due to their error.

Wankers.

For reference here is what the table used to, and probably is supposed to, look like:



Taken from Google Cache

Is it really my fault for believing the information Virgin gave me? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments: