Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Crazy Americans Or Prudish Brits?

Stuart Jeffries talks to Charla Muller who offered her husband sex every night for a year and wrote a book about it | Life and style | The Guardian
Charla Muller was reading Galatians 5.22-23 in her Bible study group when she decided what she was going to get her husband, Brad, for his 40th birthday. Perhaps disappointingly for him, it wasn't an iTunes voucher. Instead, she was going to give him the gift of sex for 365 nights.
Oh my god, I read half way through this article assuming these people were from Britain, nothing is mentioned otherwise until I noticed:
Muller giggles down the phone from Charlotte, North Carolina.
It's funny how I was reading this thinking wow these people are crazy, then when I realised this I just thought Oh it's Americans, now it makes sense! Hardly worth writing an article about crazy Americans is it.

No comments: