Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mad Nad

This was noticed over on Liberal Conspiracy.

Nadine Dorries, May 18th:
I'm afraid that I really don't support the motion to remove the Speaker. I've said before that the Speaker's position and authority should be un-challenged. Over hundreds of years we have had good and bad Speakers, nice and nasty, competent and useless. It is the only position, along with that of the Monarch, which I believe should remain un-challenged in order to carry the authority needed to execute the role with dignity whilst commanding respect.
Nadine Dorries, June 16th (after it's become apparent that someone Dorries doesn't like is probably going to be Speaker):
Can we trust a Speaker who has such strident zealot views on such an issue to be fair, if he regards those in favour of reducing the number of abortions as prehistoric?

I think not.

Therefore, it is for this reason, more than any other, that I shall make my commitment to guarantee, by any means at my disposal, that should John Bercow become Speaker, I will do my best to make sure that it is one of the shortest served appointments in the grand, and glorious, history of that coveted chair.
So after saying that the Speaker should be unchallenged and accepted blah blah blah, she realises that the new Speaker disagrees with her on abortion rights, and suddenly he is the wrong speaker and should be ousted immediately. Interesting.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: